Intellectual Property Law
Our lawyers act on a wide range of intellectual property matters involving opposition, rectification and infringement litigation as well as the more routine matters of registration of copyrights, trademarks, patents, geographical indications, utility models and industrial designs. The Firm is involved in the advisory and representations on renewals, assignments and licensing of intellectual property rights, advisory on plant breeders’ rights as well as advising on franchising agreements for both international and local franchisers.
Below are our other services.
Our IP team has successfully acted for both Kenyan and international companies on their various IP matters. The clients that we have represented include:
- Represented Airo’s Investments Limited in registration of its trademarks Warachi and Dhahabu.
- Represented Bestlady Cosmetics Shop Limited a leading cosmetic retailer in registering its various trademarks in Kenya and in other countries.
- Represented Diva Cosmetics Limited in registering its trade mark with China Trade Marks Registry.
- Advised Africa Climate Conversations Limited in the protecting of their copyrights and trademarks.
- Represented and advised various individual clients in transfer and sale of copyrights.
- Acted for an individual client in registration of a patent with the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization(ARIPO) and African Organization of Intellectual Property (OAPI).
- Represented Chartered and Equitable Limited and EquipAfrica Limited in registration of their trademarks.
- Advised and represented Zoezi Education Solutions on protection of its software application through registration of a Copyright.